- A physical model provides a visual perspective that you can‘t achieve with blueprints, drawings, or digital 3D models.
- An architectural model helps the architect, contractor and client to envision the home or building on the build site to take full advantage of the views, terrain, and other natural elements, such as afternoon shade and morning breezes.
- 3D models help architects and contractors communicate effectively with clients, ensuring desired results and avoiding expensive changes once the project is under construction.
- Models can be monochrome massing/conceptual models or full-color, high-detailed models.
- No project is too large or too small, from cityscapes and commercial buildings, to homes and swimming pools—if you can design it, we can create a physical model of it.
- Once the construction project is complete, architectural models make stunning public displays and are an excellent way to showcase your portfolio of projects.
- Models can display the outside of the structure, or the layout and design of the interior of a structure. The model can have a removable roof or a cross section of the building or home showing the flow and points of view within the building.
Architectural models are indispensable tools for selling and marketing real estate. A developer can show potential tenants or homeowners what they can expect once the development or neighborhood is complete. A scale model makes it easy to show retail and office space or apartments to potential tenants.
The video below demonstrates the use of one of these models from an exterior and interior perspective without ever having to visit the real home. Advanced 3D Printing was used to build facades to ensure maximum precision and detail. There are hundreds of individually designed elements showcasing accurate colors. Turn up the sound, hit play, and enjoy the show.
Many construction companies and manufacturers participate in trade shows where their products or projects are much too large to display. However, through scale models, these companies can demonstrate and explain the benefits of their products.
City and Home Owners Association Approval and Permits
Some cities and homeowners‘ associations require an architectural scale model before they will approve a project. A model allows the association or city to view the home or other structure and ensure that it will be cohesive with the neighborhood and surrounding developments.
An architectural model is an excellent way to attract investors, sponsors and donors in a fundraising effort. A model communicates what an individual or company will be investing in than a model. Models can be put on display during fundraising events, during presentations, and once the project is underway to bring the awareness.
Architectural dioramas are an engaging tool to bring public awareness to a new project. Both private and public construction projects can benefit from having a model on display for local citizens to view and understand the project and how it will benefit and impact them.
Designers will often create concepts that shape the future of architecture. While these designs aren‘t actually constructed, they can be modeled and displayed to inspire others to dream about the possibilities. 3D physical models are a good way to display building concepts that can‘t be constructed using today‘s technologies, but that might be possible in the future.